Great work on the theme! Each time you make one, you continue to improve. It’s better than 99% of the themes I’ve ever looked at.
Well, I’m not happy about that. My goal is that Foxnet Themes are better than 90% of the themes out there.
Jokes aside, Hopeareunus is designed for business and portfolio sites. But blogging features are pretty cool too. I feel like Kultalusikka and Hopeareunus are siblings. There are some basic features that are similar, but then again themes are totally different.
What I really like about this theme, is big header image. And you can change that in every page/post by setting large enough featured image. At the top of the header image you can write custom excerpt text. Social icons with Font Awesome love is not that bad either.
Once again here is copy/paste from readme file. I think you want to read it this time.
- Per-post layouts which means that you can choose one or two column layout. Content on the left or right.
- Post setting that allows you to add a custom stylesheet for individual posts.
- A smart breadcrumb system.
- Built-in pagination.
- Post thumbnails that work with WordPress featured image functionality and provide extra features.
- Multiple and flexible sidebars areas: Header, Primary, Subsidiary and Front Page template widgets.
- Dynamic body, post, and comment CSS classes.
- Fully internationalized, so you can translate the theme in any language. You should place your translations files to child theme
- Built-in WordPress menu system. There are two menus in the theme: Primary and Subsidiary.
- Context-aware action and filter hooks.
- Some of the most-used filter hooks are shortcode-ready and have accompanying shortcodes.
- Theme settings page (Appearance »» Theme Settings) that allows you to set theme license key and add footer text.
- Global layout can be changed under Appearance »» Customize »» Layout.
- Portfolio and Front Page layout can be changed under Appearance »» Customize »» Layout.
- Set logo under Appearance »» Customize »» Logo Upload.
- Set Social links under Appearance »» Customize »» Social Links.
- Set Front Page Callout text and link under Appearance »» Customize »» Front Page Callout.
- Set background under Appearance »» Background.
- Set header image under Appearance »» Header. You can overwrite default header image in singular post/page by setting large enough featured image. Feature header size is 1920 x 379 pixels.
- Ability to create custom templates for any post type in multiple ways.
- Highly-configurable widgets that give you full control over their display.
- Widget areas are content-aware, meaning that they only appear if they contain active widgets.
- Support for all Post Formats.
- Theme was designed with Mobile First attitude. It uses so called toggle menu for “mobile” devices, Respond.js for legacy browsers and Fit Vids for videos.
Hopeareunus is a parent theme, so use a child theme for any customizations. When you purchase this theme, you also get blank child theme. If you want do it yourself, here is how to get started.
- Create a theme folder in your
- After that create a
- At the top of your
style.cssfile, add the below information.
/** * Theme Name: Hopeareunus Child * Theme URI: http://link-to-your-site.com * Description: Describe your child theme. * Version: 0.1 * Author: Your Name * Author URI: http://link-to-your-site.com * Tags: Some, Tags * Template: hopeareunus */
There is no reason to import parent theme styles, because they are loaded automatically. Note! If you compress your
style.css and copy your styles to a file called
style.min.css, it will be used automatically.
Using child theme is officially-supported way of modifying themes in WordPress.
Custom Content Portfolio
Theme is designed for showing off your work with Custom Content Portfolio. Be sure to download this plugin to get your portfolio shine.
Your porfolio archive is in URL example.com/portfolio. In singular portfolio page all images are displayed in a slider. That means all attached images in that portfolio. Recommended image size is 764 x 472 (in pixels). If there is no attached images, singular portfolio page looks like regular page.
Hopeareunus includes base CSS for Gravity Forms plugin.
Theme modifies Grid Columns CSS a little bit so that it works better on mobile devices and theme design.
Theme Settings (Appearance »» Theme Settings)
Set License key (you’ll get it after purchase) and you’ll get automatic updates from dashboard. First insert License key, then Update settings. After that you can click Activate License button. You can always Deactivate the license key as well.
Theme Settings (Appearance »» Customize)
Most of the theme setting is under Appearance »» Customize. Don’t get me wrong, there is no millions of different options in the theme. Just the basic ones.
Set logo under Appearance »» Customize »» Logo Upload. Suggested logo size is 300 x 79 (in pixels). Image size is flexible so you can try different image size. Of course Blog name will be displayed if there is no logo set.
Set Social links URLs under Appearance »» Customize »» Social Links. You can set social links to Twitter, Facebook, RSS, Linkedin, Google+, Github and Pinterest. Theme is using Font Awesome fonts for social links.
Change default layout
Hopeareunus theme has two column layout by default, content on the left and sidebar on the right. You can change this default layout under Appearance »» Customize »» Layout. You can overwrite this in post
editor by choosing layout for that certain post:
- One Column
- Two Columns, Left (theme default)
- Two Columns, Right
After you have added your portfolios with Custom Content Portfolio Plugin, you can see your portfolio in URL example.com/portfolio. You can set portfolio layout to 3 or 4 column under Appearance »» Customize »» Layout. This also changes Front Page template layout.
Front Page Callout
Theme has page template called Front page. Under Appearance »» Customize »» Front Page Callout you can add callout text and link.
You can change Footer text in Footer Settings metabox.
There is a full screen Header image in the theme. You can set it under Appearance »» Header. You can overwrite default header image in singular post/page by setting large enough featured image. Feature header size is 1920 x 379 pixels.
There is one page template in this theme. It’s located in
page-templates folder. If you need to overwrite page templates in a child theme, create subfolder
page-templates in child theme and copy certain page template in that folder and start modifying.
- Front Page (front-page.php): This is for showing your latest posts and portfolios. There is also Front page widget area for this page template.
You can select a page template from the “Template” section of the “Attributes” meta box when writing or editing a page.
If you want to use Front Page template as a front page for your site instead of the standard blog post view, follow these instructions.
Creating the front page
- First create a new page. You can name it anything. For example “Home” or “Portfolio”.
- When creating this page, select “Front Page” from the “Template” drop-down inside of the “Attributes” meta box.
- Click the “Publish” button.
Change site front page
- Go to the “Settings »» Reading” screen in the admin to adjust the page shown on the front of the site.
- Locate the section labeled “Front page displays”.
- Select “A static page”.
- In the “Front Page” drop-down, select the page you created earlier that has the “Front Page” template.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
Flexible subsidiary and front page widgets
You can use 1, 2, 3 or 4 widgets in subsidiary and front page widgets areas and the layout is still gonna look nice. The original idea having flexible and responsive widget areas is from Sukelius Theme.
Support for the Hopeareunus theme is not offered on the WordPress support forums. There is a site called Foxnet Themes where support is offered for this theme.
- Google Font PT Sans, which is licensed under OFL.
- Font Awesome,which is licensed under OFL.
- FlexSlider, which is licensed under the GPLv2 license.
- FitVids, which is licensed under WTFPL.
- Respond.js, which is licensed under MIT.
- html5shiv, which is licensed under GPLv2 license.
Copyright & license
Hopeareunus is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later (GPL).
This theme is copyrighted to Sami Keijonen.
2013 © Sami Keijonen. All rights reserved.
Did you really read this far? Here is 10% discount coupon for being so nice. FOXNET10. It’s valid for May 31, 2013.