Checathlon Plus Plugin License
If you’re using Checahtlon Plus Plugin remember to enter and activate your theme license under Appearance → Checathlon Plus License. After that you’ll get automatic updates in your Dashboard. You can get your license from your account page.
Note that in Checathlon theme you don’t need license key. Eventually updates are coming from WordPress.org.
Front Page Setup
Checahtlon has special Front Page for showcasing your most important content:
- Title and content of a front page.
- Pricing and service widgets.
- Pages you pick, portfolios, or downloads.
- Front page widgets.
- Latest blog posts.
First, set up your front page. Note that there is not page template you need to set as a front page. Any page can be a front page.
- Go to Customizer → Static Front Page and click A static page. In the Front page dropdown, choose the front page you want. This page title and content will be shown at the top of the page.
- In the same time you can select Posts Page.
- When finished, click Save & Publish.
This feature is only available when using Checathlon Plus Plugin.
In the Customizer, you’ll see the Widgets → Service and pricing widget area. In there you can select Service and Pricing Widgets for showcasing your services.
Note that the same widgets are shown in Pricing Page Template.
In the Customizer, you’ll see the Theme Setting → Front Page and Theme Setting → Front Page Featured Area tabs. In there you can select several things.
- In Front Page tab you can hide any front page sections, or enter section titles.
- In Front Page Features Area tab you can set
In the Customizer, you’ll see the Widgets → Front Page widget area. In there you can select any widgets. Note that the first widget get different background color. It works as a callout widget.
With Checathlon Plus Plugin you can even change the background color and set background image.
At the moment testimonials comes from Jetpack plugin. Testimonials are shown after featured area if you have written any testimonials.
Latest blog posts are shown at the bottom of a front page.
Summary of Settings in the Customizer
Here are summary of settings in the Customizer under Theme Settings panel.
- In Front Page section you can hide front page areas and change areas titles.
- In Front Page Featured Area section you can set featured area title and content.
- In Checathlon Plus you can set from which tag the downloads are shown.
- In Before Footer Widget Settings section you can set extra title and icons. Available in Checathlon Plus.
- In First Widget Settingssection you can set background image, color, and opacity for first widget in the front page and after content widget areas. Available in Checathlon Plus.
- In Easy Digital Downloads section you can enter custom empty cart text and show featured downloads also when cart is empty. You can also change featured title. Available in Checathlon Plus.
- In Footer section you can enter custom footer text and hide the footer. Available in Checathlon Plus.
The Customizer screenshots
There are several places where you need to consider which image size should be used in Checathlon theme. When you switch theme you might want to regenerate thumbnails.
- Feature image width is 1240 px , height can be anything.
- In the post content max width is 740 px but layout doesn’t break if the image is wider.
- For header image recommended size in 1920 x 500 px but it can be bigger.
- Logo image recommended size is 60 x 60 px but can be wider.
Theme works just fine on it’s own but if you want more features install and activate these plugins:
- Easy Digital Downloads: For selling digital products or services Easy Digital Downloads is the best plugin out there. Check Downloads in the demo site.
- Custom Content Portfolio: For showcasing your portfolio Custom Content Portfolio Plugin is your choice. Check demo site for portfolios.
- Jetpack: From Jetpack Plugin Checathlon theme supports portfolios and testimonials.
One regular Menus and one Social Menu
Theme has one regular menu location and one Social menu. Primary menu location is at the top of the page, and Social Links menu is in the footer.