Remember to enter and activate your theme license under Appearance → Theme License. After that you’ll get automatic updates in your Dashboard. You can get your license from purchase email or your account page.
Front Page Setup
Munsa has Front Page Template for showcasing your featured pages, latest posts and contact info. First, set up your front page.
- Go to Pages → Add New to create a new page to use as the front page.
- Add a title to this page, it can be anything you want.
- Under the Page Attributes window, set the template to Front Page.
- Publish the page when done. You can add text content to this page.
- Go to Settings → Reading and click A static front page. In the Front page dropdown, choose the front page you created above.
- When finished, click Save Changes.
In the Customizer, you’ll see the Theme Setting → Front Page tab. In there you can select your pages that are shown in Front Page Template. You can also enter your blog page url and title and link text.
Contact Info in the Customizer
You can set your Contact info under Theme Settings → Contact Info. From there you can enter your or company
- phone number.
- address and link to for example google maps.
You can set your contact in three different places:
- In Front Page template.
- In Contact Info template
- In widget called Munsa: Contact Info.
You can also hide Contact Info from Front Page or Contact Info templates from the Customizer settings.
In all my recent themes you can set your Social menu using WordPress Menu system.
- Add new menu.
- Add new menu items from Custom link section. Links will be your Social menu url like
- And you’re done.
Social menu appears as Genericon fonts in the Footer, Front Page and Full Background Image page templates. But you can disable them in page templates in the Customizer under Theme Settings → Social Menu.
Available icons: (Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your social menu).
- Email (mailto: links)
- RSS Feed (URLs with /feed/)
The Customizer screenshots
Page Templates and features
I’ll try to keep my themes as simple as possible. There are couple of Page Templates in this theme which you can manage from the Customizer. Check out the demo site for more info about these features.
- Front Page template where you can show featured pages, blog posts and contact info. Featured pages and contact info comes from the Customizer. Featured image fills the full screen.
- Contact Info template where you can show contact info and it’s child pages. This is great fit for showcasing your team members.
- Child Page template for showing just it’s child pages.
- Full Background Image template where featured image fills the full screen.
- Featured Image on the Right or left.
- Definitely check out blog page also.
- Munsa have also couple of fancy styling elements:
- Videos are automatically a little bit wider than the content.
- Audio just looks better than default.
- Enter image class called
wideand center align or no align image will get wider than content. Image needs to be wider than 720 pixels.
- You can highlight blockquotes using classes pull-left or pull-right.
There are several places where you need to consider which image size should be used. When you switch theme you might want to regenerate thumbnails.
- Feature image width is 1420 px , height can be anything.
- In Front Page and Full Background Image page templates I have used 2300 x 1300 px image as Featured image.
- In the post content max width is 720 px but layout doesn’t break if the image is wider.
- In fact Enter image class called
widein image advanced settings and center align or no align image will get wider than content.
- Also videos are automatically wider than the content.
- In fact Enter image class called
- For header image recommended size in 1420 x 500 px but it can be bigger.
- Logo image max height is 192 px. Width can be wider.
Off screen Menu and Sidebars
Theme has off canvas or off screen Menu and Sidebar. I have made them as accessible as possible and I think they look and work pretty nicely.
- Assign your menu to Primary Menu location and you’ll see a menu toggle icon in left top corner of your site.
- Put some widgets in Primary Sidebar and you’ll see a sidebar toggle icon in right top corner of your site.
- Footer sidebar is located in the footer and it’s always visible. Footer widgets are in three column layout.
Theme works just fine on it’s own but if you want more features install and activate Jetpack Plugin. After that you get these features.
- Add infinite scroll in your blog.
- Responsive videos.
- And naturally many more features from Jetpack.